What is the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)?

Providing better nutrition and making care affordable are the goals of this federally funded program. The Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) reimburses child care centers and child care homes that provide healthy meals and snacks that meet USDA nutritional guidelines. Programs enrolled in CACFP can provide meals and snacks at no charge to families. CACFP also reimburses meals served to children in afterschool programs and emergency shelters and meals served to adults in adult care centers.

Who Can Receive CACFP Help?
At participating facilities, meals and snacks are provided to:

  • Children 12 and under
  • Migrant children 15 and under
  • People with disabilities regardless of their age
  • In afterschool programs and emergency shelters, children up to age 18
  • Adults who are functionally impaired or over age 60

Contact Information

Mary Abney-Young, Director
Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)
(803) 898-0958

Greta F. Avery, Supervisor and Training Coordinator
Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)
(803) 898-7576

Dyeretta Fashion, Supervisor
CACFP Afterschool Meals Program
(803) 898-0945

Cheryl Evans-McDonald, Compliance Manager
Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)
(803) 898-0971

Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)
Toll-Free: (888) 834-8096
Main Line: (803) 898-0959
Monitoring: (803) 898-0971

Nondiscrimination Policy

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
(833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.