What is the SC Voucher program?
The SC Voucher Program (formerly ABC Voucher) makes child care more affordable for families in need by making all or a portion of provider payments directly to child care providers so parents can work or attend school or training. Provider payments are received promptly, often 3–4 days after online submission, and participation unlocks access to grants and other support through ABC Quality.
The SC Voucher program helps families afford child care so parents can work, go to school, or get job training. More than 1,500 child care providers across the state are enrolled to accept vouchers.
How to Qualify
Qualifying South Carolina families may have access to child care financial assistance from the South Carolina Department of Social Services (DSS). The primary financial assistance program at this time is known as COVID-300.
What Families Need to Know
To qualify for COVID-300 financial assistance, parent(s) or guardian(s) must:
- have a child or children between birth and 12 years of age
- work at least 15 hours per week or attend school or a training program
- have a gross income below 300% of the federal poverty level; for a family of four this would be up to $79,500 annually
How to Apply
To apply, please complete the application form and email it to CCDFApplications@dss.sc.gov. In the email, please include your first and last name and the best telephone number to reach you during regular business hours.
If you have questions about child care financial assistance or whether you meet the eligibility criteria, please email CCDFApplications@dss.sc.gov for assistance.
Related Documents & Links
- SC Voucher Program Child Development Fee Scale (2021-2022)
- SC Voucher Maximum Payments Allowed FFY 2022
- SC Voucher Program Policy Manual
- Child care Income Standards (2021-2022)
- SVL Frequently Asked Questions
- Instructions for Paper Version of SVL
- Quick Reference Guide for paper Version of the SVL
- Online SVL Benefits
- Online SVL User’s Manual
- Online SVL Overview (PowerPoint)
SC Voucher Operations Center
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Closed on State Holidays
Client Number: (800) 476-0199
Provider Number: (800) 262-4416
Complaint Line: (800) 763-2223
SC Voucher Program
P.O. Box 100160
Columbia, SC 29202-3160