What is ABC Quality?
Within Levels A and B, highest performing providers are recognized by A+ and B+ designations. At each level, programs receive regular on-site reviews to measure performance on the program standards.
P = pending
Programs that have received a P rating are enrolled in ABC Quality and are waiting for their quality level to be assigned.
Programs are graded based on the elements below. The total score of the combined elements will determine the final rating
Program Administration and Structure
- Organizational Structure/Program Operations
- Policies and Procedures Relating to the Care of Children
Staff Education and Professional Development
- Education - Program Leadership / Administrators
- Education - Teachers
- Staff Evaluation and Ongoing Professional Development
- Physical Health
- Mental Health (Healthy Social-Emotional Development)
- Child Screening and Referrals
Family Communication, Engagement, and Cultural Competence
- Family Partnership and Engagement
- Communication with Family
- Cultural Competence
Intentional Teaching Practices
- Responsive and Sensitive Care
- Language and Communication
- Program Structure
- Early Learning
Next: Who can help me with child care?